Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Very Jersey Thanksgiving: Holiday Hiatus

Today after work I am headed home to tour the great state of New Jersey. I'll be in Bridgewater tonight doing the usual "23-Year-Old To See Every Asshole She Ever Went To High School With On Night Before Thanksgiving" thing. No no, I'll be with my friends from home, the most wonderful people in the world. And also gently rocking back and forth in my beautiful mother's arms, crying tears of joy while she bottle-feeds me Yuengling, sweet nectar of the gods.

Uhh then I'm spending Thanksgiving a little further south in central NJ before heading allll the way down to Cape May to see the rest of my fam and attend my aunt's wedding. Yah huh. A post-Thanksgiving wedding. What the eff does one wear to that, anyway? Who was it who told me I should wear a maternity dress? I'm doin' it.

Point is, I have some great live footage of Alex Bleeker/Mountain Man, BOAT, pow wow!, Dinosaur Feathers, Family Portrait... I would love to say will be edited and up for your viewing pllleasure soon, but it just ain't gonna happen yet. In the meantime, please excuse the radio silence and just twiddle yer thumbs til I get back.
To sum up, I love you. Be easy. Eat a lotta food and I'll see ya when I return from the homeland. I'ma go get drunk.


In the meantime, enjoy this new GrizzBear remix of the Notwist's "Boneless" (via gvb):

The Notwist - Boneless (Grizzly Bear remix).mp3


It's a way different take than Panda Bear's remix, which I slapped on this April '09 mix.


PS: Some of my buds are playing shows that I cannot attend, so YOU should pick up the slack, man.

Fri 11/27
Liam the Younger, Family Portrait, Shark?, Frat Dad
8:00 PM @ Bruar Falls (freeee)

Sat 11/28
Your Nature, Matt Vasquez, Hymns, Wild Yaks, Papa, Strangers Family Band
8:00 PM @ Living Room (Hex Fest)

Sun 11/29
Arpline (formerly The Kiss Off)
8:00 PM @ Death by Audio

1 comment: